Breast augmentation or most commonly known as boob job is a surgical procedure to increase the size, shape and fullness of a woman’s breasts. It involves the insertion of an implant either above or below the muscle to increase size. The surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the United States. In 2018, 300,000 breast augmentation procedures were performed. Despite its high popularity, there are many misconceptions about breast implants.
Here are thirteen things you didn’t know about them:
- Breast implants are not just for women who want to go up a cup size. They can also be used to even out breasts that are different sizes or to restore breast volume after weight loss or pregnancy.
- There are two types of implants: saline and silicone. Saline implants are filled with salt water while silicone implants are filled with silicone gel.
- Silicone implants are the most popular type of implant. They feel more natural than saline implants and have a lower risk of capsular contracture, or hardening of the breast tissue around the implant.
- Breast implants do not last forever. The average lifespan of a breast implant is about ten years. When it’s time to replace them, the implants can either be removed or replaced.
- Breast implants can cause complications such as implant rupture, capsular contracture, and breast pain. However, most of these complications are rare. To minimize your risk of complications, make sure to choose a qualified surgeon who performs breast implants in Salt Lake City.
- Breast implants are not approved for use in women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because there is not enough information on the safety of implants during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Breast implants can be placed in two positions: above or below the muscle. Most women choose to have their implants placed below the muscle, which provides a more natural appearance.
- There is no evidence that breast implants cause breast cancer or any other health problems. In fact, studies have shown that breast implants may actually decrease the risk of breast cancer.
- Breast implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes so you can find the perfect one for you. There are also a variety of textures so you can choose the one that feels most comfortable to you.
- Breast implants do not have to be expensive. You can find implants that range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Just make sure to do your research and find a qualified surgeon who offers quality implants at a fair price.
- You will need to have regular follow-up appointments with your surgeon after surgery to ensure that the implants are healing properly and that there are no complications.
- Some insurance companies may cover the cost of breast implants if they are being used for reconstructive purposes. This is common if the implants are being used to correct a deformity or after a mastectomy.
- Breast implants can be a life-changing procedure and can provide you with a more voluptuous figure. Make sure to do your research and choose a qualified surgeon to get the best results.